After having completed the course, TS representatives should be able to:
On the cognitive level:
- Know how to map and express the needs of their organization in volunteer “human power”
- Learn methodologies to evaluate the added value of volunteers to their organization(s) and/or projects
- Map/ Canvass the skills and competences of volunteers and match them with the needs of the organization
On the application/ implementation level, TS should be able to:
- Learn pedagogical methods and approaches to train volunteers and transfer the mentality of the organization to them
- Learn techniques to supervise and evaluate the performance of volunteers
- Learn methods and approached to manage diverse teams of volunteers
- Learn ideas to connect volunteers and other members to one common goal
- Lectures 15
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 30 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes
Lesson 1: Preparation “The Why”
Demonstrate understanding of the main drivers and structures for organizations in the domain of social innovation.
Lesson 2: Attracting volunteers “The How”
Forming an internal policy for volunteer management.
Lesson 3: Retention “The What”
Communication and soft skills in group management activities.
- Activity 3.1: Volunteer Leadership
- Activity 3.1: Volunteer Leadership / Self-reflection
- Activity 3.2 Communication Skills
- Activity 3.3 Clock Types
- Activity 3.4 Eliminate negative talks. Positive communication in the workplace
- Activity 3.5 Body language
- Activity 3.6 Monitoring & Supervision
- Activity 3.7 The Marshmallow Challenge
Lesson 4: Evaluation & Assessment
Once, your volunteering program is implemented and running, it is time to evaluate, assess and thank the volunteers involved within your organization.